New Album Release: "Robots Don't Tell Jokes"
“There must be something in the water in the Pacific Northwest. Kelli Welli joins the host of notable talents from the region, such as Red Yarn, Johnny Bregar, and Recess Monkey.” - Jeff Cohen, GeekDad
"A kiddie record with true Rocky & Bullwinkle for adults sensibilities, you really have to have a necrotic heart not to get a kick out of this no matter who you are. Totally cool.” - Midwest Record
"A cheerful children's album mixing country, opera, Irish punk, and much more into a playful, lovably funny collection of original songs. Witty, goofy, and just plain fun... a choice pick for stay- at-home fun, car trips, and public library children's music collections. Highly recommended!" - Midwest Book Review
Take a little bit pop, a little bit country, a little bit opera, and a dash of Irish punk. Add in some zydeco, a soupçon of animal ciphering, a stinky shoe, and a nursery rhyme in Japanese, and you have what fans have come to expect from Kelli Welli: originality, personality, and a healthy dose of absurdity. This album is smart, fun, and made, as always...
for kids and the people who love them.
Will you take my stinky shoe?
Single! "Rainbow Love Song"
An upbeat, empowering anthem about all the colors of love and joy that come with living a life filled with abundant variety, acceptance, and gratitude. Made with these amazing artists and friends: Red Yarn, Flor Bromley, Kymberly Stewart, Twinkle Time, James Dallas, Elena Moon Park, Claudia Robin Gunn, Maddy Heart, and Bryan Daste.
Watch the new video, featuring my kids and so many fun little friends! And download free coloring pages to go along with the song - enjoy, friends!
Kelli Welli - Let's Go, Pistachio!
A smart, fun, hilarious and award-winning album, full of whimsy and wordplay. The perfect antidote to stressful times.
READ: "Six New Albums By Moms Who Rock - Genevieve Goings, The Bright Siders, Kelli Welli, Sara Watkins, Tracy Bonham, and Little Miss Ann"
"I love the clean country-folk-rock production, the interplay of acoustic instruments, Kelli's unique voice, and the hilarious subjects of the songs."
- Red Yarn
“There are a lot of silly songs out there for kids. They’ve been around for a long time because, well, kids are silly. There are silly songs that are smart-silly, but usually a lot of stupid-silly. And not funny stupid. Just, stupid. Making a truly funny, and good, silly song is almost as challenging as writing a serious song... Enter Kelli Welli who writes silly songs that fall in the category of smart, funny-silly songs.”
– Saturday Morning Cereal Bowl
"Deserves its own spot on any critic’s list of the year’s top new family albums."
- Phil's Picks
Ooh La La Too Doo Na Na Oop Bop Oop Bop Ribbit
A compilation of favorite Kelli Welli sing-a-long and storytelling songs, along with some new tunes, and the lullabies she wrote during her first year as a new mom to twins.
"Ooh La La Too Doo Na Na Oop Bop Oop Bop Ribbit... certainly the most fun album title I've gotten this year!"
- Radio Active Kids
“Very well done... a wonderful sense of silliness for little ones... joyous music for the whole family to enjoy. Good-humored and good-hearted.”
– NAPPA Awards
"You make a good monkey. Congratulations on a fun, heartfelt album. 'You make me feel like the future's filled with love and hope and laughter...' wonderful line. Among so many others."
- Dave Kinnoin
"The MOST fun dog mama and twin mama I know! Always full of smiles, hope, dance and song!"
THiS iS ME
Photo and header photo by: Alia Rose
Kelli Welli - Writing songs and stories for kids and the people who love them. Drawing on her unique upbringing and often inspired by the kids and animals in her life, Kelli Welli’s wide-ranging and award-winning songwriting is smart, fun, often hilarious, sometimes reflective and deeply sweet. Always genuine. Her original songs and lullabies weave wonderful tales, celebrate love, nature, different languages, and honor all the details that come with raising these amazing little people in our lives. Kelli’s newest album is available now with 8 Pound Gorilla Records.
Kelli’s been called, “hysterically and superbly talented” by fellow artists and parents often say, “This is music I can actually listen to over and over… and over… and still enjoy!” Alongside her wonderful friends and masterful musicians, the Portland, OR based artist shares tidbits from her life as a new mom, with songs she and her twins actually use to learn and encourage, or just to have fun and laugh along with, as well as songs she has written to honor all the little people she loves.
Kelli has a Master of Publishing degree and a B.A. in Speech Communication with minors in Japanese and German. She's been a prolific writer and songwriter for over 20 years, a board member of the Portland Songwriters Association for 8 years, currently a member of the Recording Academy, Nashville Songwriters Association (NSAI), West Coast Songwriters, Children's Music Network, and Society of Children’s Book Writers & Illustrators (SCBWI)
“Kelli Welli is a Portland kindie treasure!”
- Red Yarn
"Hilarious and superbly talented. Incredible albums!"
- Jessa Campbell & The Saplings
"Fun and hilarious."
- PDX Parent Magazine
"One of our favorite children's songwriters, singers, and performers in Portland. Kelli's tunes are silly, fun and absolutely so creative your kiddo will be dancing and laughing to the beat!"
- Theressa's Reading Rainbow
2021 GRAND PRIZE WINNER & 2022 FINALIST - The John Lennon Songwriting Contest - Children's
• 2023 3rd Place Winner - Dallas Songwriters Association Song Contest - Novelty/Children's
• 2022 National Parenting Products Award
• 2022 Winner - West Coast Songwriters Intl Song Contest – Children’s
• 2022 Finalist - The John Lennon Songwriting Contest - Children's
• 2022 Semi-finalist - Dallas Songwriters Association Song Contest - Novelty/Children's
• 2022 HM - SongDoor Songwriting Contest - Country
• 2022 HM - Mid-Atlantic Song Contest - Children's
2021 GRAND PRIZE WINNER - The John Lennon Songwriting Contest - Children's
• 2021 Finalist - International Songwriting Competition
• 2021 National Parenting Products Award
• 2021 Mom's Choice Gold Award
• 2021 Winner - West Coast Songwriters Intl Song Contest – Children’s
• 2021 Finalist - Great American Song Contest - Special Music
• 2021 Semi-finalist - UK Songwriting Contest - Children's & Christmas
• 2021 Semi-finalist - Dallas Songwriters Association Song Contest - Novelty/Children's
• 2021 HM - SongDoor Songwriting Competition - Country
• 2021 HM - Mid-Atlantic Song Contest - Children's
• 2020 Finalist - International Songwriting Competition - Children's
• 2020 National Parenting Products Award
• 2020 Winner - West Coast Songwriters Intl Song Contest – Best Children’s Song
• 2020 - Top 5 PDX Parent Picks, PDX Parent Magazine
• 2020 Finalist - Great American Song Contest - Lyrics
• 2020 HM - SongDoor Songwriting Competition - SoftRock
• 2019 Finalist - International Songwriting Competition - Children's
• 2019 Winner - West Coast Songwriters Intl Song Contest – Best Children’s Song
• 2019 HM - SongDoor Songwriting Competition - Pop
• 2018 Finalist - Local Roots Annual Song Contest – Americana
• 2014 HM - Artist in Music Awards - Pop
Photo by Chuck Masi
The daughter of two fine artists, her father also a conga drummer, Kelli did a stint as a French clown; started kindergarten from a tent; lived in an octagon-shaped house on stilts; had a best friend named Summer Wind O'Redwoods; performed in children's musical theater; and had 50 hamsters at one point. She’s lived solo in a few parts of the world as a young adult; inline skated most of Manhattan; camped overnight at a job in NYC when her lease was up; raised angel fish from eggs and kittens with a bottle; played ice and roller hockey; and cultivated a fairly green thumb.
Download free activities and coloring pages to go along with the music. Fun!
hello at kelliwelli.com
press contact: Waldmania PR - elizabeth at waldmaniapr.com
also see Kelli's grownup music at...